Wednesday, May 09, 2007

my rhett butler. Mar 17, '07 11:43 PM

It was such a beautiful beginning for a love that would never be fulfilled.


We started innocently enough – as friends.

We talked day and night, exchanging witticisms and amusing comments on the ironies of life. You stimulated my interest, and pretty soon, you captured my heart.

I used to laugh at couples who couldn’t get enough of each other, when I suddenly found myself reluctant to say goodnight after spending the whole day with you. I couldn’t sleep, wondering why tomorrow was taking so long.

It was never like that for me before…
I had to laugh at the irony of it all.

I used to dream of a Prince Charming who would sweep me off my feet in a dazzling romance, but there I was – in love with a guy who, for all his eloquence, barely knew how to tell me he loved me.

Didn’t you know? Each time you smiled, you were winning my trust. And every time you held my hand, you were touching my heart. In your arms, I was in danger of falling deeper, yet I knew I couldn’t be more secure. You reached me in a way nobody else has before, and you gave me faith in things I’ve never had the courage to believe.


Still, I held back. What we had was wonderful, and it was so perfect, so absolutely perfect, that I was afraid to believe it could last forever.



*not now, perhaps another day.

No comments: